Sunday, March 1, 2015

Double Banded Hip Thrust and Microwave No Bake Oatmeal Protein Cookie


I have really been focusing on building my glutes these past 6 months. Focusing on specialization workouts 3 days a week, and have really seen results!



This variation of hip thrusts are my favorite for high reps (13-21 range and multiple sets instead of using DBs or a BB) and max glute pump!
Put a band around your knees and one around where your hip hinges.
Be sure to extend all the way at the top- I think I could have extended more here even (more of a posterior pelvic tilt). And keep your back straight throughout.

I like to do a pump at the top at the very end for max burn.


Here is the video:

My favorite set scheme for these are 4 sets of 21; so 21 reps with 21 pulses, rest for 60 seconds. Repeat 3 more times.

Since I am cutting right now for an upcoming shoot and now also a vacation to South Beach in Miami, I have been trying some new protein rich treats. This is one I tried recently.

Microwave No Bake Oatmeal Protein Cookie

serves 1

The Stuff:
1/4 cup oats (old fashioned or quick cooking)
1 scoop whey (I used Optimum Nutrition Extreme Milk Chocolate)
1 tsp peanut butter
1 tsp sugar free Jello pudding mix (I like cheesecake flavor)
Water (I used 2 tbsp)

What you do:
Mix everything in a bowl. 

If you want a doughy, cake like cookie- microwave for 60 seconds on high in a smaller bowl for a thicker cookie. 

If you want a crispy, thin cookie- microwave for 2 minutes on high in a thin layer on a plate. (This is my preference!)

Sometimes, I like to frost my cookie with a little PB or PB2/water/FF plain greek yogurt :) enjoy!





More doughy cookie, done in bowl


Crispier cookie, done on a plate

Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 196
                                                                                                                            % Daily Value *
Total Fat 5 g 8 %
Saturated Fat 3 g 15 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10 mg 3 %
Sodium 213 mg 9 %
Potassium 34 mg 1 %
Total Carbohydrate 11 g 4 %
Dietary Fiber 2 g 6 %
Sugars 2 g
Protein 26 g 51 %
Vitamin A 2 %
Vitamin C 0 %
Calcium 1 %
Iron 4 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA. 





No comments:

Post a Comment