Friday, August 19, 2016

Funfetti Protein Cake Batter


I don't know about you, but I love me some cake batter... and cookie dough. I am officially 11 weeks out from my next shoot, so I am having to tighten down to be ready for the camera. So obviously, I thought the real deal was not the best idea last night haha!

In other news, I have a new records board going in the gym.




Earlier this week, I hit over 200 pounds for the first time on any lift in my life! I did 205 lbs for 3 reps of hip thrusts, and it felt EASY!

Still running on the beach a few times a week on off days from lifting. After about 8 weeks of effort of running barefoot in sand, I have worked up from a couple of 16 minute miles to 4 x 11-12 min miles today! Time to add another mile next run. I am nowhere close to my previous half marathon times, but not sure that is comparable!

So, this recipe is just the start of my ideas for this protein batter/dough. I love funfetti cake so I wanted to start there. The texture is not quite as dense as the real deal, and the yogurt gives it that bit of tang. But other than that, it is on the money. And you cannot beat quick to make with 4 ingredients!!! And those macros too!


Funfetti Protein Cake Batter

Serves 3

Ingredients

  • 0.25 cup, Homeground Oat Flour
  • 1 cup (227g), Yogurt Nonfat Plain Greek
  • 1.50 Scoop, Whey Protein (Vanilla) (I used Premiere Protein in Vanilla Milkshake; it has a bigger scoop than most so you may need 2 scoops of normal sized)
  • 1 tbsp(s), Sprinkles

Directions:
In a blender or food processor (I used my Nutribullet), blend 0.25 cups of oats to a flour. Dump those into a mixing bowl and stir in the whey protein and Greek yogurt. Then stir in sprinkles and enjoy!







Nutritional Information


Nutrition Facts
Servings 3.0

Amount Per Serving
calories 235
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51 mg
Sodium 107 mg
Potassium 1817 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 25 g



What is your favorite flavor of batter or dough?
X- Liss





No comments:

Post a Comment