Sunday, May 18, 2014

Jenny's Asian Broccoli Slaw Stir Fry


Jenny came to Texas ya'll... my friend and co-worker at Venus. She won VT7 (Venus transformation contest), here is her podcast and B&A pics- http://www.venusindex.com/endless-cardio-does-not-give-you-the-shape-you-desire-interview-with-jenny-weaks/

We are both coaches for Venus Index so if you would like to train and/or transform under us, go sign up ASAP as there is a limited number of spots!  http://clients.venusindex.com/premium-one-on-one-coaching/ Be sure to note which coach you want on your intake form!


So while Jenny was here, we had a photo  shoot. That was actually the reason she came.

 


 
 
Just a few of my faves, I will spare you ;)

 
And we stopped by the Cadillac Ranch (an Amarillo landmark which is very random!) And there were a million Mustangs lined up there touring Route 66 so we had to get another photo in!







And we taught a Venus gym class

 


And we went on a hike with my sis-in-law Erin at Palo Duro Canyon

 




We had a full weekend! And I loved every minute of it. So I thought I would share one of Jenny's trademark recipes that all the Venus ladies love. It is simple, flavorful, and so much food!


Jenny's Asian Broccoli Slaw Stir Fry

The stuff:
  • 4 oz lean ground beef browned and drained
  • half a yellow onion
  • 10 spears of asparagus or you can use broccoli
  • one cup of broccoli slaw
  • 2 tbsp PB2 mixed with 1 tbsp water and tbsp lite soy sauce or bragg's aminos
  • bragg's amino or lite soysauce
  • 1tsp sesame oil
 What you do:
I take the broc slaw, sliced onion, asparagus and the tsp of sesame oil and I shake them up in a ziploc or tupperware just to get it even coated and throw them in a skillet on med and let them soften up. Once they are ready I throw in the ground beef. Mix your 2 tbsp of PB2 with 1tbsp of water and one tbsp of lite soy sauce and throw it over the whole thing. Sometimes I even throw in some scrambed egg whites. You can really get creative with this recipe, but I'm here to tell you it is VERY filling and flavorful. The ground beef really soaks up the pB2/soy sauce blend.
 
Season with pepper and salt to your liking, so yummy.


 



I forgot asparagus so I subbed mini bell peppers and a touch of celery
 
 


 



Nutrition Stats:

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment