Sunday, March 2, 2014

Low Calorie Black Bean Brownies



These guys are gluten free and vegan too! I think it is awesome that one little dish checks off so many marks on the diet spectrum.

I had a custom cake order this week, which was kind of hilarious. The request was for a baby butt cake LOL I was kind of stumped on what I was going to do. So Saturday morning I got up early and went to work...


 
 
It is hard to keep out of the left over frosting and cake batter.... but I digress. Took some monthly progress pics too.
 


 
 

So back to the brownies...
I was inspired to make these from an @ +loveMaegan IG post which I then pinned on Pinterest. (BTW you can follow me on IG my handle is @MLGraham09) My sister in law saw the pin and requested that I bring them to family dinner night. I was afraid that the husbands and kids would not be fans, so we had regular brownies too as back-up. Well, my 9 YO son and niece finished a third of the pan. If they are kid approved, then they must be good!

So then I decided I would tweak the recipe some more and take them to a work luncheon. Everyone was suprised about the secret ingredient. After the experiment, I decided that I liked the original recipe better. So I am posting that :)

Low Cal Black Bean Brownies

(gluten free and vegan too!)

From Chocolate Covered Katie

 

Ingredients

  • 1 15 oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey although it is not strict vegan)
  • 2 tbsp sweetener of choice (I used stevia, or you can omit and increase syrup to 1/2 cup)
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (not optional)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350*F. In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients except chocolate chips until smooth. Stir in half of the chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 8x8" dish. Top with other half of chocolate chips. Bake for 15-18 minutes.

 
 




 

Nutrition

(per 9th)
  • Calories: 115
  • Fat: 5.5g
  • Carbs: 15g
  • Fiber: 3g
  • Protein: 2.5g
  • WW Points (new system): 3 points



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment