Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Sweet Potato Toast


Guys, have you tried this hack yet? You literally just toast slices of sweet potato in the toaster like toast. It is SO super simple, but genius. Why had we never tried this before?!

It has been SO super hot here on the coast. I hate using the oven like I would usually do without thinking. My kids are into playing Pokemon Go, they beg me to take them on walks almost every day. We have to schedule them either early in the day or in the evening.



Snapped this pic on our walk the other night, it is so beautiful here. I keep pinching myself! It cannot be real.



I also finally got a records board going in our gym room. I was nice enough to leave the other half blank for the husband ;)

So here is the recipe. Well, it's not really a recipe so much as a few tips ha!


Sweet Potato Toast


Serves 1

Ingredients
1 medium sweet potato

Directions
Slice the sweet potato into slices with a sharp knife.. I tried for less than 1/2" thick. A small sweet potato was just halved; while a large required 4 slices. Put into toaster. Turn the sweet potato around each toaster cycle. Toast until done. My toaster required 5 toasting cycles.

Notes: I tried microwaving the slices for 90 seconds before toasting and it cut my toasting cycles down to two! This is my favorite method.








Nutritional information


1 medium sweet potato

103 cals
0g fat
24g carbs
2g protein



Can you think of all the possibilities?! Here are just a few off the top of my head:

  • All by itself (this happens to be my current favorite LOL)
  • Sweet potato hamburger buns
  • Topped with avocado and over easy egg
  • Topped with PB and bananas (or strawberries!)
  • Topped with tuna or chicken salad
  • ...anywhere you would normally use toast!

Have you tried this yet? What did you think?
X- Liss


No comments:

Post a Comment