This recipe is one of those wonder recipes where you are just scratching your head? I mean it tastes SINFUL. But it is not. Comparable to the calories and protein in a 6 oz portion of chicken breast. Yep. My husband loves the shrimp scampi at Red Lobster and he is a BIG fan. So are the kidlets!
Low Calorie Simple Shrimp ScampiServes 6
- 2.00 lbs, Shrimp (I buy raw, frozen shrimp, but you can use fresh)
- 4.00 tbsp margarine or butter (I used Blue Bonnet Margarine sticks, half a stick)
- 1.00 tbsp, Lemon Pepper seasoning
- 1.00 lemon yields, Lemon juice - Raw
- 0.50 tsp, Red Pepper Flake (cut amount in half if you do not like a touch of spice)
- 4.00 tbsp, Cheese - Parmesan, grated
In a large sautee pan or wok, preheat over medium heat. Add shrimp, butter, lemon pepper, lemon juice, and red pepper flake. I leave the lemon rind in the mixture too for flavor. Sautee until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Add the parmesan cheese and serve!
I like to serve mine alongside some stir fried vegetables (and some steamed brown rice for the hubby and kids!)
Nutritional Stats per serving
|Total Fat 6g|
|Total Carbohydrate 1g|