Sunday, November 30, 2014

A week in the life of Liss: Maintenance




So I have been quietly maintaining for a while now, since my Vegas trip in August. I realized today that I have never shared what a week in my life looks like at maintenance. So what better time to share than during a holiday week as we all know that social eating events can be tricky.

SUNDAY



Sunday is normally a rest day for me exercise-wise. I make breakfast for the family, then we go to church, and out to eat afterwards. We lounge around during the afternoon and I do laundry. Dinner was a light plate of leftover Texas Oven Brisket to balance out the high calorie Mexican food from lunch!


MONDAY



Mondays is leg day; I am currently doing the Venus Index Focused Shape Leg series for legs. I had coffee and cream on my way out of the door that morning along with a spoon of peanut butter.

At lunch, I had an appointment which meant a little fast that day. I had a protein bar while I taught that afternoon. For dinner, I made spaghetti and meatballs in the crockpot. I baked a cake for a client and drank and glass of wine. I had plain Greek yogurt and strawberries for dessert which I like to call Greek Cheesecake.


TUESDAY


Tuesdays is shoulders & glutes; I am currently doing Venus Index Focused Shape Shoulders supersetted with Venus Factor Advanced Growth Series Glutes.

For breakfast, I had a VenusCrossing protein pancake with nut butter and coffee on my way out the door. I make these up for a week at a time and freeze them so they are easy to grab and go.

 At lunch, I went with co-workers to my favorite local burrito joint where I had a chicken taco salad with some chips. While I was at work all day, I had some VenusCrossing Chicken Enchilada Soup cooking in the crockpot.


WEDNESDAY


Wednesday we were on holiday for the Thanksgiving break so we lounged around until we were ready to go eat out. The family chose Red Robin. Normally I get a salad but the "holiday burger" with turkey, cranberry sauce, and sweet potato fries was calling. It was delish! For dinner, we picked through leftovers while I tried to cook some cornbread to get ready for the festivities the next day!

Normally I work out on Wednesdays but I took the day off to be with the family :)


THURSDAY


Thanksgiving day! I made the fam some cinnmaon rolls and bacon to celebrate that morning while I finished prepping the items I was to bring to the family feast. No workouts on this special holiday :) Lunch was a traditional US thanksgiving meal. Dinner was leftover brisket and sweet potato souffle with wine.


FRIDAY


I did my normal Wednesday workout of Arms and Abs on Friday since I took the two days prior off. I am currently doing Venus Index Focused Shape Arms and Abs.

Breakfast was a pumpkin twist on protein pancakes which I topped with Greek yogurt, walnuts, and shredded coconut. Yummm! Lunch was leftover Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup.  Dinner was a little leftover meat and sweet potato souffle. Dessert was sliced apples and some incredible homemade caramel dip the neighbor brought over.


SATURDAY



Saturday I did my normal Thursday workout - back and biceps. I am currently doing Venus Index Focused Shape Back and Biceps.

For breakfast, I had a protein pancake with nut butter which I had made the day before for the whole week. All I had to do was warm it up- easy peasy! For lunch, I had leftover Chicken Enchilada Soup (finally finished it all haha!) For dinner, I made hamburgers and the BEST Sweet Potato Fries EVER while I drank a glass of wine. Dessert was some plain Greek yogurt and strawberries.


So that is a week in the life of Liss in maintenance land. Some weeks are a little higher than others. But this is a pretty normal excerpt all in all :)

X - Liss

No comments:

Post a Comment