Sunday, September 20, 2015

Crockpot Pork Butt and Pullovers



This recipe is the base for SO many wonderful recipes. I cannot wait to share. But first here is a new video from my YouTube channel:
Pullovers
A few tips on pullovers:
1) your lats (back) and abs should drive the motion
2) this exercise is for anyone who has "greyhoundish" ribs and upper abs as it works the serratus 




So now to the recipe.... This recipe is a base from which I make 3X what I need. I buy a 15 lbs pork butt from Sam's club and then I cut in half so that I am doing 7.5 lbs each batch. I freeze the other half until I need it.
  •  First meal is just meat with whatever veggies and carbs I decide on. I usually do slaw and some sort of potato.
  • Second meal is nachos made with the pulled pork and cheese in the oven until melted. I make the chips from fresh corn tortillas and bake them crisp first. I like mine with lots of extra lettuce. It would also be good with mini bell peppers halved as your "chips"! We set out salsa, avocado chunks, sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt), and lettuce for toppings.
  • Third meal is taquitos made with the pulled pork. I just chop down the pork finely and then roll it up in a corn tortilla and bake until crisp, 425F for 25 minutes or so. Again, I like mine with lots of lettuce when we eat. We like to dip these in salsa or sour cream.

Crockpot Pork Butt

7.5 lbs raw = Serves 30 - 4 oz servings

Ingredients:
1 bottle marinade (I really like Red Creek Marinade right now, but I have used many others)
7.5 lbs pork butt
large 8 qt crockpot

Directions:
In the crock, place the pork butt then pour half a bottle of meat marinade over the top. Cook on high 8-10 hours. Shred and enjoy!




Ugliest taquitos ever LOL they should be round! I swear the one night I take a pics, they do not cooperate!

Nutrition Facts

Per 4 oz serving of pork butt

304 cals
21.3 g fat
0 g carbs
26.7 g protein






No comments:

Post a Comment