Sunday, January 8, 2017

2 Minute Pumpkin Pie

I am still on a pumpkin kick, y'all. It is still cold right? I think I am good until at least spring break haha!

This recipe is THE ticket though- 5 ingredients plus 2 minutes and you have a tasty protein-filled dessert. YES! 233 calories and 19 grams of protein. BOOM!

Anyway, I got this new Quest Nutrition Protein Cereal bar the other day in the waffle flavor. The calories are super low and the calorie to protein ratio is perfect! It screamed out it needed to become a pie crust though, and so I got to thinking. Thus, this recipe was born!

Since I ran out of cereal bars though, I have to admit, I have made just the pie several more times without the "crust". It is THAT good. Seriously, tastes like the real deal!

I have a few new videos for you before we get to that recipe ;)


American deadlift - so good for high reps and glute pump!
*Stop at knee level, feels like a traditional deadlift on the way down
*When you come up, contract your glutes to drive upward
*At the top, really drive your pelvis forward with your glutes. It almost feels like a hip thrust.
I like to do 2-3 sets of these for 21 reps.

🏋

Overhead press PR! Did not go up in weight but got 2 reps in instead of 1! On overhead press, be sure to squeeze your glutes. I know it sounds weird bit it works!


Happy #flexfriday :)


Left was almost 3 years ago in Boise when my bestie Coach Jenny and I had just started working for Venus ❤ Right is this morning during workout when I realized I had on the exact outfit! Maintenance is a tricky game but Venus helped me figure it out. The only program I know that does teach that VERY critical part. What is the point in getting into great shape if you can't keep it?

Alright, so onto that recipe. It is SO simple, just a handful of ingredients!



2 Minute Pumpkin Pie

Serves 1

Ingredients:
1 large, Egg
1 bar, Quest Cereal Protein Bar - Waffle Flavored (I think the cinnamon one would be good too!)
0.50 cup, Pumpkin Puree
3 tsp (0.5g), granular Stevia (can sub sweetener of choice)
0.25 tsp, Spices, pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
Spray individual sized ramekin or bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Crumble your Quest cereal protein bar into the bottom in bite sized pieces. In another small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients then pour over the protein bar. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. I topped mine with a little plain fat-free Greek yogurt. Enjoy!














Nutrition Facts:
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 233
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10 g16 %
Saturated Fat 4 g20 %
Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 196 mg65 %
Sodium 241 mg10 %
Potassium 122 mg3 %
Total Carbohydrate 29 g10 %
Dietary Fiber 7 g28 %
Sugars 12 g
Protein 19 g39 %
Vitamin A75 %
Vitamin C6 %
Calcium15 %
Iron13 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment