Sunday, December 11, 2016

Greek Yogurt Berry Bark


I saw a video on Facebook of someone making a variation this Greek yogurt bark and thought to myself, "How clever!" They called it breakfast bark, but I love eating my Greek yogurt for dessert at night. Just have never thought about it in a bark format. When I made this the other day, the interesting thing about it was that all that chewing -- or something -- made me fuller than normal. I could not even finish it! And normally, unfrozen, these amounts would be a normal dessert for me, Interesting, huh?


Trying to figure out a way to do back extensions in your home or gym without a glute-ham device? This is the only way I have figured out how to rig something similar in my home gym. Not perfect, but better than nothing ;)


Got out and pounded the pavement on foot to see my new neighborhood. Getting outside to exercise is good for more reasons than you might think. Air quality indoors in notoriously higher in carbon dioxide and other pollutants (indoor plants help, try for 1-2 per room). So while you are out there, be sure to take some DEEP breaths! Secondly, being in sunlight helps your body with vitamin D production. Some reports say that up to 2/3 of women are deficient! It will also help you get in your 10K steps per day, and usually walking will reduce your appetite! 


Our Christmas palm tree; we thought it appropriate 🕆 😎🌴❤🌲🍭🎄🎁🕆


So here is the super easy recipe! I can think of so many other variations I need to try, namely something with peanut butter LOL

Greek Yogurt Berry Bark

Serves 1 (or 2 normal eaters)

Ingredients

  • 1 cup plain, fat-free Greek yogurt, divided
  • 1 tbsp cocoa power, I used dark cocoa
  • 4 tbsp stevia powder, or sweetener of choice, divided
  • 1/2 mixed berries, I used frozen
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 10 almonds, chopped
Directions:
Line a plate or small serving dish with foil or parchment paper, spray with nonstick spray to be safe. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt with 2 tbsp stevia. Drop onto foil. Put the remaining Greek yogurt in the bowl and stir in cocoa power and remaining stevia. Drop onto foil and spread evenly. Drag your spatula through it like a hashmark to marble it.  Top with berries, coconut, and almonds. Place in freezer for approx 2 hours until frozen. Pull the foil out of the pan, and allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Use a pizza cutter or break into pieces. Enjoy!
















Nutritional Facts per Serving
262 cals
27 g protein
24 g carbs
8 g fat



No comments:

Post a Comment