Sunday, December 4, 2016

Bacon and Egg One Skillet Hash


Oh man, this stuff is amazing! I have made it twice since we discovered it earlier this week. This whole family loves it! And it is super easy- one skillet alone and with items you probably keep around ;) Plus you can make it for breakfast, lunch, OR dinner. Can I get a heck yeah?!

So this month completely got away from me. We were on vacation (and the shoot happened!) for a week at the start of the month, then gone for a wedding, then we hosted Thanksgiving at our house for the first time ever. *snap* and like that November was over LOL


Here is a sneak peek from the shoot that week, don't have the pics all back yet!

Love getting all gussied up for dinner!


This was our view everyday! That was our room in the top left corner!

We did a lot of eating and drinking on vacation, as any good vacation should include ;) Most importantly, I got to spend a lot of quality time with my 3 BFFs- my hubby, Jenny, and Erin.


But we played a lot too! Lots of beach volleyball, gym sessions, and even some beach tennis got accomplished. We were super active for at least 2 hours a day.



After a week of scantily clad photos from all the angles, I felt it was my duty to remind you that there are bad pictures! It's OKAY! Everyone has them, even models and fitness professionals. Bad lighting or bad angles can completely distort how you look. I put all these pics in order of the dates they were taken so you can see the one that is "bad" to me. (First is on the right, last on the left, and all were taken within a few days.) Instead of thinking I look like a busted can of biscuits and throwing a fit (which I would have done in the past), I just see a bad pic and shrug it off. It didn't ruin my vacation. No pity party needed! And most importantly you see my body isn't perfect either, and it's FINE! Let's be real and honest ;)


I don't normally post before and after photos, mostly because it is hard for me to find "before" pictures. I hated how I looked and avoided the camera. I also destroyed most of them because I was so ashamed. The "before" on the right was about 2005, and I was 21. I probably weighed about 175 at 5'9" and was a size 12-14, struggling with my weight since about age 11. I transformed my life and body with Venus in 2012 and have never looked back, except to show you a before pic ;) The "after" was Nov 2016 at age 32 in Playa del Carmen with my handsome husband who always encouraged me. I am now a size 4 and weigh 148. If I can do it (and keep it) so can you!

So let's get to that recipe, shall we?


Bacon and Egg One Skillet Hash

Serves 4

Ingredients:
1/2 large Onion, diced
4 slices, Bacon, cooked and crumbled
8 large, Eggs
1 cup, shredded, Cheese, cheddar
2 cup, Hash browns (can do dehydrated ones or fresh!)

Directions:
In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray (I like my large cast iron for this) start sauteing your onion and hash browns, When browned, sprinkle over crumbled bacon. Make 4 little holes in the hash mixture and crack your eggs inside. Cover with a lid for a few minutes until eggs are cooked to your desire. Sprinkle over cheese and enjoy! I like to serve mine over a bed of spinach and top with Sriracha ketchup :)



You can use either one, or both!



Cannot wait to eat it!
I microwaved my bacon this time; last time I cooked it in the cast iron skillet and used the dripping for the hash browns!




I just did one egg for each of the kidlets instead of two!





So great over a bed of spinach and topped with Sriracha ketchup!


Nutritional information

Nutrition Facts
Servings 4.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 427
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 24 g37 %
Saturated Fat 11 g54 %
Monounsaturated Fat 8 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 413 mg138 %
Sodium 490 mg20 %
Potassium 206 mg6 %
Total Carbohydrate 27 g9 %
Dietary Fiber 2 g8 %
Sugars 0 g
Protein 26 g52 %
Vitamin A17 %
Vitamin C45 %
Calcium30 %
Iron16 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment