Sunday, December 13, 2015

Chocolate PB&J Protein Oats




We shop for a month at a time, for more explanation on how we do this see the above blog post link. It saves a ton of time, money, and calories from buying off plan items. I will also be sharing with you a week of my eating and how I plan these recipes into my diet.

This recipe is one of my weekday favorites. I can prep the oats while I get my coffee ready and it travels well in a container until I am ready to eat it! I have a *slight* addiction to peanut butter too, so this hits that craving in a macro friendly way ;) and it will keep me full until lunch! The carbs and protein are also pretty perfect for post workout too!


Chocolate PB&J Protein Oats

Serves 1

Ingredients
0.5 cup dry oats
1 cup water
0.5 cup strawberries (I used the bagged strawberries that are frozen and sliced)
1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder (I used Optimum Nutrition Extreme Milk Chocolate)
1 tbsp peanut butter


Directions:
Prepare oats in water with strawberries in the microwave, I use quick cooking oats and do 1 minute and 15 seconds in the microwave. You can also leave the oats, water, and strawberries in the fridge overnight then just warm them the next morning for about 30 seconds. 

Stir in the whey powder. Top with a dollop of peanut butter and enjoy!





I have also discovered that you can blend a cup of baby spinach into your water before cooking! Cannot even taste it, but such a great nutritional boost. Just add 7 cals to nutritional stats below; )



Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 313
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10 g 16 %
Saturated Fat 2 g 10 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30 mg 10 %
Sodium 202 mg 8 %
Potassium 182 mg 5 %
Total Carbohydrate 25 g 8 %
Dietary Fiber 5 g 18 %
Sugars 8 g
Protein 31 g 62 %
Vitamin A 0 %
Vitamin C 74 %
Calcium 10 %
Iron 10 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S.


No comments:

Post a Comment