Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Month of Meal Plans and Groceries in 30 Minutes


Yep, you heard me. 30 minutes is all the time it took us to order our entire month's worth of meal plan groceries online earlier this week. My husband and I used the Sam's Club online order and pick up service. And were SO pleasantly surprised how perfectly it worked.

We walked into the store during the hour we selected, ran by the case to grab the ground beef (it would not add to our online order for whatever reason) and waltzed up to the pick up counter where our entire order was waiting already in carts. We paid and loaded it into the car. It literally took 10 minutes total.



Next month, the ordering process will be even faster, because Sam's online pick up ordering system saves your list. All we will have to do is go down the list and check what we want.

Let me tell you the benefits of this idea:
1) Time saved. I estimate 8 hours of my life back per month. (This why I am a big fan, ain't nobody got time for grocery shopping especially me LOL)

2) ZERO off plan items purchased.

3) Money saved, refer to #2

Below is our list, it includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner for an entire month. I estimate we will eat out 6 times for whichever meals. Our bill was $421 for a family of four. I used to spend $1200 a month in groceries when I shopped weekly, And I cannot tell you how much spoiled food I tossed out. Let me also assure you that you have room for this. We have a VERY small refrigerator with the tiny top freezer, a TINY old house pantry, and a chest freezer in the garage. This is probably less space than the average american home since our house was built in 1937.



The Shopping List

  • plain fat free Greek Yogurt
  • oatmeal
  • tortillas (corn or flour)
  • chicken breast
  • lean ground beef
  • salsa
  • canned, diced tomatoes
  • kidney, black, and/or pinto beans (dried or canned)
  • rice
  • apples
  • beef jerky
  • almonds
  • cottage cheese
  • shredded cheese
  • PB powder
  • almond milk
  • shredded potatoes
  • egg whites
  • deli ham
  • bell peppers
  • baby carrots
  • spinach and/or lettuce of choice
  • strawberries (frozen sliced)
  • whey powder
  • canned tuna in water
  • pickle relish
  • mustard
  • chili seasoning
  • taco seasoning
  • garlic
  • protein bars (Pure Protein)
  • sandwich thin bread
  • peanut butter
  • K cup coffee
  • coffee creamer
  • bottled water
  • milk
  • butter
  • eggs
  • whipping cream
  • individual mac n' cheese
  • vienna sausages
  • fiber one bars
  • tortilla chips
  • frozen breakfast sandwiches
  • claritin
  • nutella
  • whole wheat sandwich bread
  • paper towels
  • toilet paper
  • toiletries (shampoo, body wash, etc)
  • detergent
  • dog food
  • dog treats
At "milk", starts the kids and household stuff. Above that is the meal prep items that my husband and I eat for breakfast and lunch, and make for family dinners. 


So what do we turn this into? The kids eat a different breakfast than my husband and I do and lunch at school, so I will only speak to our side of the meals.

My Weekly Meal Plans HERE including calorie and macros for each meal/snack

Breakfast:
Lunches and Dinners (I make 2 extra servings of dinner for our lunches the next day)
Snacks / Dessert
  • Apple and Beef Jerky (generally 1 apple and 1-2 oz)
  • Apple and Almonds (generally 1 apple and 1 oz of almonds)
  • Cottage Cheese and Strawberries (generally 1/2-1 cup of each as fits into the day)
  • Greek Yogurt and Strawberries (generally 1/2-1 cup of each as fits into the day)
  • Protein Bars (We do Pure Protein variety box or Quest bars - 160-200 cals)
My Weekly Meal Plans HERE including calorie and macros for each meal/snack

X- Liss

P.S. all opinions are my own, I was in no way compensated for this post by Sam's Club

No comments:

Post a Comment