Sunday, May 31, 2015

Chopped Texas Brisket Over Greek Slaw


Don't you love it when you can save tons of time and money by re-mixing things you have on hand? Recipes, clothes, organizational stuff.... you know?

Well this recipe is nothing new, for me, recipe-wise. I just combined it in a new and exciting way, again for me! Ha!

I generally make Texas Oven Brisket (recipe HERE) once or twice a month as it is on our monthly grocery shopping list. (read more about out monthly shopping HERE). I have always just eaten it sliced with a roasted veggie side.

The other night, I had a bunch of brisket left, so I decided I would chop it up for chopped Texas brisket sandwiches for the fam. The coleslaw I make for fish tacos sounded like a great side to go with the sandwiches.

But once I sat down to eat, I really did not feel like wasting the carbs and calories on a bun. So I just topped my slaw with some brisket. And the results? Pure delish. PLUS happiness that I have a new recipe remix on my hands that the whole fam will enjoy!

P.S. the other recipe remix I have on hand is my blackened tilapia. One night we eat them with a veggie side, another night we can eat them as fish tacos. Check those recipes HERE and HERE.

Speaking of tacos... this would also make really great brisket tacos also... hummm.... well, here is the recipe!



Chopped Texas Brisket over Greek Slaw


Serves 6

Ingredients

For chopped brisket
1.5 lbs (24 oz) cooked Texas Oven Brisket (Recipe HERE)
Buns (for whomever is eating sandwiches
BBQ sauce of choice (I used Kraft Hickory)

For slaw
1 bag shredded cabbage or coleslaw veggie mix (appox 6 cups per bag)
1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt (you could also use mayo)
3 tbsp sweetener of choice (I used stevia)
1 tbsp vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
dash of salt and pepper


Directions:

Roughly chop brisket and reheat if needed. To reheat, I put the beef in pan over low with enough renderings from original cooking process to cover meat.

Mix the yogurt, sweetener, and vinegar in a large bowl until combined. Toss with shredded cabbage until coated.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

To serve, place 1 cup of slaw on plate. Top with 4 oz of brisket and 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce. Enjoy!


Nutritional stats per serving

(1 cup Greek slaw, 4 oz beef, and 2 tbsp Kraft BBQ sauce)

245 cals

15 g carbs

8 g fat

25 g protein



Nutritional stats for Greek Slaw only
Per cup

25 cals

4 g carbs

0 g fat

2 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment