Sunday, July 6, 2014

Crockpot Shredded Pork with Pineapple Coleslaw



Another recipe that stemmed from my husband's recent paleo kick. But of course I change a few things up (which sometimes means the recipe is not 100% paleo) to suit my lower calorie needs.

This one is excellent as well, the whole fam loves it. Actually my 8 YO daughter said that it was the best pork I have ever made!

 
Thought I would share a pic of my home gym these days.



I have more than you could want / need for the Venus Index workouts, the only system that I train with. All I really need for Venus is the bench, the ab wheel, and the adjustable BowFlex dumbbells.


The power rack is helpful because I can do pullups in several grip variations (the bands help assist) across the top piece. On the backside is a captains chair / dip station. And on the right side there is a cable system for Adonis Golden Ratio training (men's training program which also created Venus) like pulldowns and low rows to name a few. The power rack also has an adjustable front peg system for a squat rack to bench press rack.

 
(My husband is a BeachBody coach, he tagged the power rack, SMH! So ignore that! I apparently need to get a Venus Index vinyl done ASAP!)





Crockpot Shredded Chipotle Pork with Pineapple Coleslaw

(recipe adapted from Primally Inspired)

Makes 4 hearty servings

 

Ingredients

For the Shredded Pork
  • pork loin about 2 lbs
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon chile powder (more if you like it spicy!)
  • ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon all natural liquid smoke (optional)
 
 
For the pineapple coleslaw:
  • 4 cups coleslaw (approximately ½ head green cabbage, ½ head red cabbage, 2 carrots – all shredded or 1 bag)
  • ½ cup plain fat free Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
  • 1 ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 2 cups fresh pineapple
 
Optional serving toppings: avocado slices, freshly torn cilantro, bbq sauce
 

What you do:

 
     For the shredded pork:
  1. Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker, pork first.
  2. Give it a stir, cover the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
  3. When it's finished cooking, take the pork out of the slow cooker and shred it. Feel free to add in ¼ – ½ cup of some of the slow cooker juice if you like a juicier shredded pork.
  4. Serve with the pineapple coleslaw and any optional toppings. Enjoy!
 
For the pineapple coleslaw:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
 
 
 

 Nutrition Stats

Per 8 oz serving of shredded pork and 1 cup coleslaw
  • Cals 291
  • Fat 4g
  • Carbs 14g
  • Protein 48g
 

No comments:

Post a Comment