Monday, December 23, 2013

Spiced Pumpkin Brownies


From October to January, I get obsessed with pumpkin. It is an annual thing, I suppose.

Pumpkin even makes its way into my coffee. Have you tried this yet? I am addicted. I need to stockpile it.

Anyway, last year (yeah, I have been holding out on you guys) I came across this recipe on one of my fave fitness blogger's site- Fit Foodie Le. She is awesome, check her out!

I have been making these pumpkin brownies every since then. And the nutritional stats are not too shabby either, especially compared to traditional brownies!



Spiced Pumpkin Brownies

  • 1 box of brownie mix (for 9x13 pans)
  • 1 can pure pumpkin
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice mix (or just cinnamon, up to you!)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips (dark or semi sweet milk)

What you do-

Set oven to 350*F. Mix batter just until no big lumps but not too much! I reserved about a TBSP of chocolate chips for the top. Spread into a 9x13 dish (or you can use whatever pan really) and cook until toothpick comes out of the center clean. It is close to the cooking times on the box. Cut into 15 bars.


I made double for a party!



Enjoy, with some sparkly water :)



Nutritional Stats

(per 1/15th of recipe)
  • Cals 141
  • Fat 6g
  • Carbs 23g
  • Protein 2g
compared to a traditional brownie
(per 1/15th of recipe)
  • Cals 356
  • Fat 20 g
  • Carbs 43 g
  • Protein 4 g



3 comments:

  1. Yum, want to try that creamer. How much do you use? Also, do you also still need to add sweetener..or is it sweetened? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a TBSP in 16 oz of coffee and add stevia. It is slightly sweetened but not a lot!

      Delete