Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tropical Chicken Salad


So I know you probably do not need a recipe for a salad, BUT YOU MUST TRY THIS ONE! It is so seriously good!

There is this little cafe downtown called the Alley Cafe which is only open for lunch on the weekdays. Seeing as how I am a teacher, I can only go during the summers. Boo! But- I go at least once per week with the excuse of a girls' lunch! This is what I order everytime I go in. Seriously. Ha!



Isn't it so pretty???
 So I had to recreate it at home. Yup! Because I love it that much.

This is the stuff:

Tropical Chicken Salad

(for 1 serving)

1/2 head of butter leaf lettuce, torn (romaine and red leaf lettuce are also good in it!)
3 oz grilled chicken
1/4 pint strawberries, cored and sliced
1/4 pineapple, diced
0.5 oz or 10 pecan halves (I use candied pecans this day I took pics, but plain is just as amazing)
0.5 oz or 3 TBSP shredded coconut (fresh or bagged, whatever you like!)
2 TBSP Creamy Poppyseed Dressing (Kraft and Brianna's make great ones)

Toss up your salad and thank me as you savor each yummy bite. It makes a HUGE plate, hope you are hungry!

The mix of sweet and salty... creamy and crunchy is a real winner in my book.

Nutitional Stats per serving:

  • Calories: 524
  • Carbs: 41
  • Fat: 30
  • Protein: 24

3 comments:

  1. You had me at sweet/savory and then surprised me with the coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girls, you have got to try this salad... soooo amazing. I made a pinterest page to feature my posts: http://pinterest.com/mlgraham09/venuscrossing-blogspot-com/

    Still trying to figure out how to add pins to my website- that stuff is not playing!

    ReplyDelete