Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Magical Peanut Butter Protein Cookies


First of all, I love peanut butter. I wish I could eat it by the spoonfuls and still hit my calorie goals LOL Alas, this recipe is the closest thing.

I called this recipe "magical" because it is only 3 ingredients, has great macros, and nobody will EVER know they are a healthy version of the classic PB cookie. SERIOUSLY.


Still been grinding in the gym. My squats are at 125 lbs for 4 sets of 3. Time under the bar matters so be consistent! Tip for barbell squats- try bringing your grip in closer. Your back where the barbell sits should feel better and it will keep your chest up!

I am joining an online powerlifting meet for a fun little competition this week since I sort of enjoy that kind of thing ;) oh and see my new decal on the wall?! Never give up.


I have also been working up my distance "running" barefoot on the beach, putting run in quotes because it's walk-jog intervals. Sand is NO joke, it's hard! I have a little fear of stepping on glass but so far so good after over a month.

But I digress, back to the recipe ha! This recipe is super simple to whip up. You can keep them in the pantry in a tupperware to eat in the place of protein bars or an easy snack!


Magical Peanut Butter Protein Cookies


Makes 11 cookies



Ingredients
1/2 cup, Peanut Butter (I used smooth)
2.00 tablespoons, Egg Whites
46 g or 1 scoop, Vanilla Milkshake Whey Protein (I used Premier Protein which is 180 cals / 30g protein per scoop)

Directions
Preheat your oven to 350*F. Grease a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a bowl, heat your peanut butter in the microwave for a minute so it is easier to mix. Stir in your protein powder then stir in the egg whites.

Using a tablespoon, drop cookies onto the cookie sheet. Use a fork to make the traditional PB cookie hash marks to helps the cookies flatten so they will bake evenly.

Bake for 5-8 minutes.










Nutritional Information

Per cookie

Nutrition Facts
Servings 11.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 88
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 6 g9 %
Saturated Fat 1 g5 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9 mg3 %
Sodium 75 mg3 %
Potassium 0 mg0 %
Total Carbohydrate 4 g1 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g3 %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 6 g12 %
Vitamin A0 %
Vitamin C0 %
Calcium2 %
Iron2 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.




No comments:

Post a Comment