Sunday, September 21, 2014

Southwestern Slowcooker Chicken Cups




This recipe was a hit when I posted our dinner one night to my social media, so I thought I would share it here :) it is pretty fantastic (if I do say so myself!) haha

Prickly Pear Limeade

I made this limeade to accompany the southwestern chicken cups. I had some prickly pear fruit in my Bountiful Basket (produce co-op) that I needed to use. I made it with the juice of 7 prickly pears, 3 limes then filled the pitcher up to the top. I added stevia to taste. It was a hit!

Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be.Dr. George Sheehan

My sister-in-law and I have been upping our runs on the weekends. I have a half marathon in December with Jenny- Saint Jude's in Memphis! Cannot wait. Erin has one in Houston in January. So we have been running Saturdays and sometimes on Sunday. This hilly path called the Old Soncy Trail just outside of town is a great workout and 6 miles down & back.

Baby Gus
        I all got my baby needs met this past weekend. One of my dearest friends from school days came back into town with her super adorable son. Ain't he darlin?




Southwestern Chicken Cups

Serves 4

* 1 lbs chicken breasts (2-3) frozen
*1 can diced tomatoes (I like the ones with green chilis added)
*1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
*1 can corn, drained and rinsed

*Lettuce leaves

Put the chicken and tomatoes (not drained) in low in crockpot for 5-8 hours. Drain most of the liquid then shred. Add beans and corn. Serve in lettuce cups. I like to top mine with a little plain greek yogurt. My fam like avocado and cheese on theirs too!



Nutritional Stats

per serving
  • 300 cals
  • 5 f fat
  • 311 mg sodium
  • 23g carbs
  • 41g protein
  • 4g sugars
7.5 weight watchers plus points per serving


No comments:

Post a Comment