Thursday, October 10, 2013

Blueberry Peach Microwave Protein Pancake


I go through food phases, I get stuck on one thing and make it almost daily... until I try something else after a bit that I love.... then I focus on the new thing eating it daily. Phase repeats itself. I called it "food fixation," do you do this too?

This recipe is my latest food fixation. I have been eating it almost daily for about 3 weeks now. It came about while moving when I did not have a blender unpacked to make my favorite protein pancakes. Waaaa. Well then one day, I decided that I could probably mash up the stuff with a fork and I could replace the oats with whey powder to give it even more protein! And voila. A new food fixation was born.

I tried it with several variations (including chocolate whey, bananas in the syrup too, just peach, just blueberries) and this is my favorite.




Blueberry Peach Microwave Protein Pancake

Makes 1 serving


The stuff-

  • 1/4 cup sugar free pancake syrup
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
  • 1/4 cup peaches
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey powder (I used Body Fortress Whey Isolate in Vanilla)
  • 1/4 cup egg whites
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (I used Great Value)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon

What you do-

Put the blueberries, peaches, and syrup into a microwave safe bowl.


Microwave on high for 1.5 minutes or until warmed through.



In a microwave safe plate- mash together the whey protein, egg whites, and banana half... then stir well to incorporate.






Microwave on high for 2-2.5 minutes until the pancake sets and is not liquid in the center.



Top the pancake with Greek yogurt, syrup/fruit mixture, and cinnamon.


Nutritional stats-

For 1 serving as pictured
  • Cals- 291
  • Carbs- 42 g
  • Fat- 1 g
  • Protein- 49 g

2 comments:

  1. OMG, this looks amazing!! 49g of protein..nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we think alike- that was my reaction too! It is like a game for me- how many g of protein per cal can I pack into a non-meat item!!!

      Delete