Sunday, October 16, 2016

Superfood Stuffed Bell Peppers




I had a date with the camera this week to make a recipe video. Not going to lie, I had my kitchen rigged up like a redneck haha! But the recipe turned out even more amazing than I expected. Guys, this stuffed pepper is delicious and makes a huge plate full of food (and you know how I am about volume).




My 10 year old daughter made this collage for art and remarked how pretty all the parts were before she combined them and that it looked kind of ugly together. It reminded me of something that I learned from one of my Venus sisters. "You pick all the best parts from beautiful people but together they are not as beautiful as one individual the way God made them." Don't pick and compare your parts to other's best parts. Become the best version of YOU! She decided to write that down at the bottom of her art ๐Ÿ’œ 



Here is a little twist on reverse hyperextensions for you that extends the glute areas worked ๐Ÿ‘Reverse Hyperextension Frog Kicks ๐Ÿ‘ I have a mini band around my knees! When you come down, go outward with your knees. I didn't think my bench would be high enough for these long legs, but I was pleasantly surprised!

But back to the recipe, I think you are going to love it enough to make it more than once! I also love how there are plenty of veggies packed into this recipe but it doesn't taste like a salad. And finally, it makes one pepper but it is super easy to scale up to feed a family!


Superfood Stuffed Bell Peppers

Serves 1

Ingredients:
1 red bell pepper
4 oz lean ground beef
1 tbsp taco seasoning
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tbsp diced chili pepper
1/4 cup chopped broccoli
1/4 cup shredded kale
1/4 cup spinach
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/4 cup rice, cooked
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided

Instructions: Take the top and seeds off the bell pepper and microwave for 5 minutes. In a cast iron skillet over med-high heat, add your ground beef and taco seasoning. Then add your onion and chili pepper. Stir frequently until meat is browned. Stir in the broccoli, kale, and spinach. Then stir in the tomato paste, rice, and half the cheese until incorporated. Plate the mixture in the skillet over the cooked bell pepper and top with remaining cheese.






Nutritional info for 1 serving: 

422 cals, 18.2 g fat, 30.1 g carbs, 35.4 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment