Sunday, September 11, 2016

Malissa's Crack Chicken



Over the past 4 years of working for Venus Index / Venus Factor, I have gotten to know a lot of our clients both in person and online, and am honored to call many of them personal friends. We are all women who are driven and share a mutual love of lifting and nutrition. So when one of my Venus girls shares a recipe, I usually have to try it. We tend to like the same things, remember?

My beautiful friend Malissa 

That is the case with this recipe. My sweet friend Malissa shared it on her instagram account, and we have featured it in several posts on our Venus social media as well. Malissa has the best sense of humor and loves to eat all the things like me ;) we both have busy husbands, kids, and dogs running around. It is only a matter of time before we finally get to meet in person!



Speaking of Venus friends, Coach Jenny recommended that I try this Kodiak Cakes protein pancake mix a few weeks ago. Then another one of my Venus girls, Rhonda, shared about it on her social media too. So I finally got my giant 4.5 lbs box of @kodiakcakes in! The kidlets and hubby were super impressed, tasted like IHOP pancakes! We tried all 3 recipe variations and our favorite was just the mix with water. I heated up 1/2 cups of frozen mixed berries and drizzled 1 tbsp PB2 over mine, with 1 slice of Wrights bacon. All for 293 cals! Excited to make waffles and pizza crust next!


8 weeks out from my next shoot, so practicing a pose instead of flexing haha! I have been lifting 4-5 days a week along with some airbike intervals on the gym front. Going on long distance runs 2-3 days per week. Of course, hitting my calorie and protein goals are paramount and my number one concern, as is good sleep.


So Malissa's recipe was just the thing to hit my nutrition and protein goals. And I knew I had to try it! My family was super impressed. We have only made 1 variation so far, but planning on trying the others soon! It stores well for a few days, I think it actually might get better! We enjoyed it in quesadillas and as salad topping too, very versatile!


Malissa's Crack Chicken

Ingredients:
6 large chicken breasts
1 block of cream cheese
2 packets of taco seasoning (or 2x1/4 cup bulk taco seasoning)

Instructions:
Chicken breast, cream cheese and 1st packet baked (covered) at 425 for 45. Take out cut up chicken and put in 2nd packet. Place back in oven at 275 for 2 hours shred and serve. (I also tried it in the crockpot with good success. Cooked on high 4 hours, shredded, then added remaining taco seasoning.)

Nutrition facts are per ounce




Other Crack Chicken Variations From Malissa


Tonight we decided to spin a little Italian flare on the #crackchicken some went for the roll, some went for the noodles. I chose the zoodles with some @mias_kitchen bistro marinara my absolute favorite #thesauceisthebestpart




(This is the original variation) Crack chicken I saw this on a tasty video so easy, so good, and great on protein. The calorie and macro info is per serving I got 12 servings out of 6 chicken breasts



When you have multi-purpose chicken you must put it to good use ;)

Thanks for the recipe sweet friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment