Sunday, June 1, 2014

High Protein Banana Pudding

 


 

We have been having a lot of family get togethers lately, and I made regular southern-style (but always delicious) banana pudding for one a few weeks ago.

This week, it came to me in the night. I can REDO the old version, and make it lower calorie... and higher protein. And I bet nobody would know....

And here it is. Kid tested. Brother in law approved. (Who, by the way, has to specify no beans or sweet potatoes or chickpeas when I or my sis in law have dessert duty   LOL)



High Protein (and lower calorie) Banana Pudding

Serves 16 (approx 1 cup servings)

 

The stuff

32 oz container fat free greek yogurt
1 small box banana sugar free yogurt
1 small box cheesecake sugar free yogurt
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 bananas, ripe
1 small container lite Cool Whip, thawed
0.75 box Nilla wafers

What you do

In a bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients until smooth.

In your seving bowl, put 1/3rd of the nilla wafers across the bottom. Pour in half of the pudding, then slice 1 banana over the top. Spread half the Cool Whip. Repeat those layers, then top with remaining Nilla Wafers for added points in presentation.






And I think I like the full size Nilla Wafers better, they stay crispy longer. BTW, this is even better the next day or two ;)

 

Nutrition Stats

Per serving
 
 
Compare that to a serving of traditional southern banana pudding stats:
 
Calories 484.6 
Total Fat 16.4 g
Total Carbohydrate 81.2 g
Sugars 42.2 g
Protein 6.3 g

OUCH! Yep, mine is way better ;)




1 comment: